Posted by Telks: An interactive adoptable species

Kiiro (#170261)

Deathlord of the Jungle
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 05:46:04
What is a Telk?

Telks are deer like mammals who are almost always covered in fur, with a thicker layer on their necks, underbellies, and the bottoms or their tails, ending in a fan like tuft of fur. They have horns on their heads and hooves on their back legs, but mutations sometimes change that. They are omnivorous and feed generally hunt smaller prey, like birds, mice, and rabbits. These creatures are commonly used as mounts as well.

Mutation-less Telk: https://www.deviantart.com/rah-lah/art/Normal-telk-base-799894321

Telk info sheet: https://www.deviantart.com/rah-lah/art/Telks-info-799894151

What mutations can they have?

Telk mutations range from common to uncommon, to rare.
The more common ones include: extra fluffy, extra horns, double hooves, and double paws.
The more uncommon ones include: double tail, hairless, piebaldism, and heterochromia.
And finally the most rare mutations include: extra eyes, wings, polycephaly, and extra limbs.

How do I find a Telk?

Telks can be found and claimed by exploring the various regions available. Some areas have a high chance of finding normal Telks, while others have lower, but have a higher chance of mutations.

Exploring:

There are many different places you can explore to find Telks, and more may be discovered in the future. But for now, there are only four to choose from.

Oxrose Forest:

To explore this place, it will cost 100 SB.
These woods have rumored to house many common Telks, who are friendly and warm hearted.

Irocastle Lake:

To explore this place, it will cost 150 SB.
These vast waters draw many Telks near, and some say, if you feed some of this water to a Telk from the Swamp of Antiree , it may reveal a mutation that the eye could not see before.

Mount. Pelmar:

To explore this place, it will cost 200 SB.
These high towering peaks do not provide many hiding places for Telks, and not much food either. So not many dwell here, but the ones who do, most likely have common mutations to adapt to the cold.

The swamp of Antiree:

To explore this place, it will cost 250 SB.
These mysterious swamps have not been explored much, but the recorded Telks found here, either show visible signs of mutations or can be revealed using a magical source…



The shops:

Some shops are moving shops! Which means they travel around with caravans, each selling different things!

On the outskirts of the Oxrose Forest, a small building stands. As you approach the store, a large male Telk steps forward, sniffs you then lets you pass.

Inside, you see shelves upon shelves or different things!

Behind the counter, there is a young women, dressed in Telk riding gear. Her voice is muffled by the mask she wears.

“Hello! Take a look around, please!”

So you do:

(1,100SB=1GB)
These are the items on the shelves currently:

Juicy steak: 1GB
This juicy piece of meat has a chance of attracting Telks while exploring! (1 use)

Glimmering stone: 1GB
This tiny rock has been rumored to change the gender of any Telk it first comes into contact with! So be careful! (1 use)

Glass bottle: 1GB
A small glass bottle, what could you put in it? (unlimited uses unless broken)

Delightful daisy: 2GB
This tiny flower makes pregnant females give birth immediately! (2 uses)

First aid kit: 2GB
Did your Telk get hurt? Oh no! Use this to heal them! (5 uses)

Riding gear: 3GB
If you purchase riding gear then equip it to your Telk, while exploring, you have a higher chance of finding items along the way! (4 uses)


Customized riding gear: 3GB

Want your Telk to look cool while riding? Get this! (Increases chance of rare items) (2 uses)


That's all the items on the shelves currently!





Don't really like your Telk anymore?

Aw that's a shame. But it's okay, I’ll make sure they get a wonderful home!

Options:

Release them: costs 50 SB
Adoption: donate them to me then they’ll be put up for adoption
Trading: trade your Telk for another!

Trading ads will be posted here:
(PM me your Telk and what you're looking for and I’ll display the ad here!)

There are no ads right now

Auctions:

none at the moment


Studding and breeding:

Have two Telks you want to breed? Well you've come to the right place!

Breeding costs 50SB

The breeding cooldown is 2 days.
And the female will give birth 1 day after the breeding took place unless and item is used.

Studs:

Want to sell studdings to your Telk? Cool! Pm me the price and your Telk’s info and i’ll put an ad up here!

A telk is up for studding! Eight-Feet!
price: 100SB
Gender: male
age: adult
mutation: double hooves
base coat: greyish
markings: brown underbelly fading up into grey
If youd like to breed with this telk, pm me and ill arrange it!



Foraging:

You can send your Telk on an expedition by themselves to search for items!
There is also a chance that your Telk might get sidetracked and bring nothing… or they’ll bring a friend!
(Warning, your Telk may get injured while foraging!)

Foraging costs 100SB

Foraging takes 30 minutes to complete!




That's all the things you can do for now! Telk decor coming soon!









Edited on 02/06/19 @ 17:09:58 by Kiiro (#170261)

Queen Emily (fluffy
mane) (#171404)

Majestic
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 05:55:49
The swamp of Antiree pls!


Kiiro (#170261)

Deathlord of the Jungle
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:10:17
Okay!


you set of to the swamp of Antiree, with your backpack and rubber boots on.
up ahead, you swampy green water and on the other, less water and vine covered trees. which way would you like to go?

A. The green swamp water
or
B. The vine covered trees





Queen Emily (fluffy
mane) (#171404)

Majestic
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:10:57
Ill respond in an rp format if thats ok XD))


Kiiro (#170261)

Deathlord of the Jungle
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:14:15
Yup that's fine :)


Queen Emily (fluffy
mane) (#171404)

Majestic
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:16:28
As I step into the swamp I look around, clenching my backpack close to me, I sighed, tying my brown hair into a pony tail. "Cant get too dirty, or mom will kill me" I seem more interested in the vine covered trees, I always wanted to be like Tarzan, I run towards the trees, my eyes looking at the tree, My boots making splatter sounds as I run, and stop under the tree looking up

:3))


Kiiro (#170261)

Deathlord of the Jungle
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:20:54
you look around for a bit before realizing that the trees here are really thick, and its hard to see through them.
do you:
A.climb the trees to get a better look
B. stay on the ground but go to a thinner part, where you can see the sky again
or
C. give up here and go to thew watery part


Queen Emily (fluffy
mane) (#171404)

Majestic
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:22:23
I smile, trees cant stop me! I take of my hoodie, using it to help me climb, I reach the top, I wrap my hoodie around my waist, my black shirt flowing in the wind. "This view is amazing!" I shouted, stretching my arms upward


Kiiro (#170261)

Deathlord of the Jungle
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:25:59
a loud shuffling noise comes from nearby, followed by an alarmed growl.
what do you do?
A. investigate!
B. stay silent, it could be dangerous!
or
C. run away!


Queen Emily (fluffy
mane) (#171404)

Majestic
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:28:31
I look around, my eyes grew scared as they scan the area. "hello?!" I shout from the tree. "WHOS THERE?!" I shout again, I jump down from the tree, using a vine, and land on my feet, I let my hair down since i wasnt going in any swamp, i scan the area, I pull out my flashlight as i look around. "hello" i call again


Kiiro (#170261)

Deathlord of the Jungle
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:32:15
you see a beautiful fan-like tail slip away around the end of a tree. the creature lets out the same shrill sound as it flees.
what do you do?
A. chase it!
B. call after it saying sorry for scaring it
or
c. leave it be and look around more


Queen Emily (fluffy
mane) (#171404)

Majestic
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:34:23
"w-wait! I didnt mean to scare you!" I call, I try to climb the tree to get a better view of where it ran, loosing my grip on a few branches, I rest on a branch catching my breath. "DAMN YOU ASMA!" I yell at myself, taking deep breaths. "what was that..." I look up. "and where did it go"



Edited on 31/05/19 @ 06:35:00 by Queen Emily (fluffy mane) (#171404)

Kiiro (#170261)

Deathlord of the Jungle
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:37:42
the creature was clearly frightened by the noise, and now you cant seem to find it.
what do you do now?
A. look around and try to figure out what it was
B. look for another one!
or
C. give and look in another part, where the creatures aren't so skittish maybe?


Queen Emily (fluffy
mane) (#171404)

Majestic
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:39:19
"dang it" I sigh sadly, I get down from the tree, I try my best to follow it, my interest on finding it grew bigger, i tied my hair into a pony tail once more and looked around


Kiiro (#170261)

Deathlord of the Jungle
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 06:42:41
you look and look but its gone without a trace... but maybe there are more around here somewhere?
do you:
A. look for another one
B. look for items that may help
or
C. go to another part of the swamp


Queen Emily (fluffy
mane) (#171404)

Majestic
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2019-05-31 08:40:56
"Shoot..." I sighed, maybe I should search for another one of those...things, I thought. I look around, picking up a few berries from the swamps berry bushes