-LOCKED - April Development Update #54!
Posted on 2023-04-14 23:09:15

New Skins!


Today, we're releasing a set of new noses/skins, inspired by the Blue and Eggshell suggestions. Thank you, Vera (#158086)!


We have implemented a new kind of skin: breed only!

April 15th Edit: We misunderstood the feature and unintentionally released incorrect information within the news. The following information is correct in how breed only skins work.

These breed only skins will have a 7% chance at appearing on a cub when bred from a parent with the skin's associated base. Skins will still operate as normal and have their default assignments (e.g. Water Hyacinth being tied to Dusky skin, Interstellar being tied to Black skin, etc.), but cubs bred from parents with certain bases will now have that additional 7% chance to roll a breed only skin that matches the parent's base.

For example, let's pair an Interstellar-based king with White skin to a Jet-based lioness with Dusky skin. They produce a Jet-based cub. The cub has an 80% chance to inherit Black skin (the default skin for Jet), a 10% chance for White skin (the father's skin), a 10% chance for Dusky skin (the mother's skin)... and then finally, the cub will roll an additional 7% chance to get the Echo breed only skin, which originates from Interstellar parents.

Bunting: can be produced from Champagne, Citrine, Goldenrod, and Sulphur
Echo: can be produced from Interstellar
Eggshell Blue: can be produced from Haliotis
Ink: can be produced from Noctis and Styx
Lilac: can be produced from Glass, Kunzite, and Protea
Plum: can be produced from Prismatic and Water Hyacinth
Quail: can be produced from Buttercream, Pearl, Qahir, and Teardrop
Sandstone: can be produced from Arabica, Buff, Cameo, and Flaxen
Welsummer: can be produced from Anjeer, Sapela, Sepia, and Shedua


Black line separator.

Craftable Applicators!


As promised, Fuchsia-inspired craftable applicators are now available as year-round recipes in Monkey Business!

- Protea Nectar will let you add one of four Protea markings: Protea Glaze, Protea Lahore Plumage, Protea Snuggle, or Protea Vitiligo!
Recipe: 7x Fuchsia Flower, 5x Antelope Hoof, 20x Stripped Cacti, 5x Kingfisher Feathers

- Water Hyacinth Mane will let you apply this new mane colour!
Recipe: 4x Fuchsia Flower, 20x Underbrush, 10x Locust Wing, 5x Gem: Amethyst

- Hibiscus Mane will let you apply this new mane colour!
Recipe: 4x Fuchsia Flower, 20x Ubhubhubhu, 5x Shiny Red Rocks, 5x Rainbow Stones

- Fuchsia Mane will let you apply this new mane colour!
Recipe: 8x Fuchsia Flower, 10x Flamingo Feathers

- Azalea Mane will let you apply this new mane colour!
Recipe: 4x Fuchsia Flower, 5x Four Leaf Clover, 25x Flamingo Feather, 10x Ostrich Feather

- Scent of Azalea will let you apply this new base!
Recipe: 4x Fuchsia Flower, 10x Four Leaf Clover, 50x Aloe Leaf, 50x Flamingo Feather, 25x Ostrich Feather


Black line separator.

New Combo Mane Colour!




The Serruria mane colour is now possible to obtain while breeding for a Serruria base!

To refresh your memory on how combo mane colours work...
When breeding Serruria factors together, you have a chance of spawning a Serruria-based cub. When a Serruria-based cub is produced, there is a 50% chance that the cub will also pop up with a matching Serruria mane colour! This is the only way to produce this mane colour without at least one parent having it.

If a lion already has the mane colour and wants to breed, there's a normal mane colour passing chance, so you can pass the beautiful Serruria mane colour onto any future cubs. The cubs do not need to have the matching Serruria base in order to pass the Serruria mane colour. Already having the mane colour itself is enough to potentially pass it onto future offspring!


Black line separator.

New Whack a Snake Rewards!


Since the minigame is back, we have added some fresh decors and a new background you can win!


King Fern

Ladder Brake

Ribbon Fern

Stamvrug

African Corkwood Tree

Prince Demidoff's Bushbaby

Wolf's Mona Monkey

Fire Skink

Cape Grape

Snake Plant

Pousargues's Mongoose

Ekom Nkam Waterfall




Black line separator.

New Raffle Markings!


We've implemented a few new recolours of the Quail Flecks and Siamese markings, available only via raffle lionesses (or RMAs/Total Shuffles in the futureβ€”we'll announce when the markings can be achieved through these items)!
* Bushveld Quail Flecks
* Bushveld Siamese
* Goridhe Quail Flecks
* Goridhe Siamese
* Lilac Quail Flecks




Black line separator.

Extra Stuff


New Oasis Decor

The Aging Caracal decor has been added to the Oasis and can be purchased year-round!



New Bunny Shop Items

We also have added two new backgrounds to the Bunny Shop!

Fluffball Utopia

Flower Garden


Art Bug Fixes

* Scarlet Pimpernel Legwrap [Blue] now displays on Adult Male
* Scarlet Pimpernel Legwrap [Orange] now displays on Adult Male
* Scarlet Pimpernel Neckwrap [Blue] now displays on Adult Male
* Scarlet Pimpernel Neckwrap [Orange] now displays on Adult Male
* Scarlet Pimpernel Rumpwrap [Orange] now shows proper artwork on Adult Female Default

Coding Bug Fixes

* The bunnies were quick to forget that an adolescent was already down in the tunnels, they should now show the proper cooldown timer on the Bunny Shop page.
* Additionally, a user log is now generated when sending an adolescent into the tunnels.
* Some lions were briefly displaying blank skins, these should now be showing properly!

Additional Note

Next month, we'll be adding in a new Reptile Roundup level. It was planned for today, but some things weren't able to be finished on time. We'll also be focusing mainly on a lot of art bug fixing, as well as what wins this week's poll!


Black line separator.

Raffle Lioness


Congrats to the winner of last week's raffle lioness!
A new Styx lady with Algae Crumbing, Bushveld Quail Flecks (NEW!), and the ninth Great Rift Valley background is up for impressing in the Special Lioness area linked here!

No new tags this week! Shad may be looking into adding them in a near update.

Poll Results - Thank you all for voting on last week's poll! It looks like Ra - v.3 is very popular! We'll see what we can do for this June!

NEW POLL - For the next development updates, which area of the site would you like content updates (decors, etc.) for the most? Let us know in this week's poll!


Black line separator.


Next Update: Community Update - April 21st!
Next Development Update: May 12th!!




Where's the official raffle and Friday comic?
Community raffles and Friday doodles are only released on community updates. This is a development update, so no raffle or doodle will be released this week, sorry!



Hrt Icon 297 players like this post! Like?

Edited on 15/04/23 @ 12:20:16 by Katze (#3)

πŸ’›πŸ€πŸ’œπŸ–€
Ramune [Project] (#46341)

Astral
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:09:20
There's the news, no time to waste! Let's all go out, and craft that new base!
*oggles all the new pretty things too*



Hrt Icon 55 players like this post! Like?

Blue ☽ | G2 Uneven
3x Ros (#351818)

Ruthless
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:09:33
NEWSSSSSSSSSS



Hrt Icon 4 players like this post! Like?

🐒Grothye (#425578)


View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:09:40
newwssssss



Hrt Icon 1 player likes this post! Like?

Casey (Hiatus) (#52546)


View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:09:44
Yay!!!!!!!!



Hrt Icon 2 players like this post! Like?

Dawn{8.5kCleanJellyF
erus} (#277182)


View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:09:45
NEWS!!! :D



Hrt Icon 4 players like this post! Like?

βͺ˜ SiRah (#159527)

Divine
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:09:46



Hrt Icon 4 players like this post! Like?

Kamiah -⃝⃀
πŸ’–πŸ’œπŸ’™ G2
Smilus (#293863)

Dreamboat of Ladies
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:09:46
News!!!!!!!!!!!



Hrt Icon 5 players like this post! Like?

Jack|PROJECT
KING#2|DU breeder (#424851)

Scourge of Lions
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:09:53
exciting!!!



Hrt Icon 2 players like this post! Like?

Erikuh(1k G2 Halio
3xRos) (#348606)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:09:56
Newwwwwwsvvvgg



Hrt Icon 1 player likes this post! Like?

π“‘π“€π“–π“–π“ž
𝓩 (#335639)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:10:04
NEWSSSSSSSSSS!!!



Hrt Icon 2 players like this post! Like?

ᴋᴏʀᴇ β­‘ G2
decadawn pie β™š (#110895)

Eros
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:10:08
news!!!!!!!!!!!!



Hrt Icon 1 player likes this post! Like?

Arch (#190456)


View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:10:15
NEWSSSSSSSSSSS



Hrt Icon 2 players like this post! Like?

Claudia (#288717)

Resurgent
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:10:22
Omg the Eggshell blue base?!?! I need it



Hrt Icon 3 players like this post! Like?

πŸ”₯❄️TabbyBriβ
„️πŸ”₯ (#430441)

Special Snowflake
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:10:22
I love the way these new skins look! Especially Echo. Thank you for adding them!



Hrt Icon 4 players like this post! Like?

Zion (#120230)

Lone Wanderer
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2023-04-14 23:10:36
LETS GOOOOOOOOO



Hrt Icon 1 player likes this post! Like?



Topic is locked




Memory Used: 638.57 KB - Queries: 0 - Query Time: 0.00000 - Total Time: 0.00640s