Posted by Warrior cats- Broken Pines

The best snek (#274274)


View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-28 14:13:42
I'm not accepting any new character sheets until April. Thank you for waiting

Welcome to the Broken Pines! I was a little bored, so I whipped this up.

RULES:
-No arguing or fighting, hate the character not the other person.
-If there is an actual problem, please contact me or the mods.
-Mates and stuff are allowed, but you need to work it out with me if you want to have kits. Also, fade to black for 18+ stuff, or just avoid it entirely.
-If you are a kit, you can't go out of camp on your own, or go hunt prey, or fight a badger, or any of that. You are a child.
- FOUR SENTENCE MINIMUM PER REPLY
- Please don't write names with an apostrophe in between the prefix and suffix (like this: Fire'star)
-SEMI LIT
-You need to PM me your character sheet, plus a roleplay sample for ANY RANK.

Please Pm me if you have questions.

Territory/Climate:


Prey:


Ranks:


Plot:


Timeline:


OOC chat

[Please get your character sheet approved and posted before replying]

Character Sheets

View and Post Character Sheets



Hrt Icon 4 players like this post! Like?

Edited on 15/03/24 @ 20:19:23 by The best snek (#274274)

Ash167 Queen of
Raccoons (#137584)

Savage
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 11:02:40
Palewind

The she cat nodded.” If you don’t mind me going with you.” She stated she didn’t want the Tom to become annoyed by her and her constant talking. She liked to socialize with those who were nice to her. At the moment he was being nice to her and she wanted it to stay that way, she knew she could be annoying at times so she only worried a little. She began to make her way to the entrance stopping and waiting for him



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

🎩Fancy fork
[Cutlery] 🍴 (#427147)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 11:11:53
Nettlesnap

The tom lifted himself to his paws and followed after, his long tail sweeped over the floor behind him. 'Course not. two cats are better then one, I suppose.' Nettlesnap meowed, stopping beside the she. He quite liked her, she was one of the more tolerable clan cats. 'And beavers are.. a bit harder to catch.' He added quietly and lowered his ears. Speaking of those animals prompted a shudder up his spine, though he hid it and licked his paw awkwardly. His last interaction with beavers left a bad taste in his mouth. The tom's attention shifted to a familiar she-cat, watching Morningecho with masked interest. He'd been avoiding her most of his time here, the way she carried herself and spoke made him feel uneasy. Nettlesnap narrowed his eyes and feigned a bored look, his pupils thinning into slits.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Ash167 Queen of
Raccoons (#137584)

Savage
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 11:15:52
Palewind

She watched the other she cat head for the exit of camp.” I suppose she’s going to be one of our more challenging ones to beat for this competition.” She stated almost laughing a little because although she knew it was probably true she wasn’t going to seem like she was trying to be rude or anything by saying that.” Are you going to look at her all day?” She lightly teased the Tom as her ears twitched with interest. She may not admit it to anyone but she was quite nosy and was always curious about what others were thinking.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

🎩Fancy fork
[Cutlery] 🍴 (#427147)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 11:21:34
Nettlesnap

The tom hissed softly, swiping at the air a little away from Palewind's face. 'I'm just *evaluating* competition, mousebrain.' He insisted, lashing his thin tail. 'Are we going or what? If we wait any longer the beavers might die of old age.' Nettlesnap rolled his eyes and padded a few tail lengths out of camp. He bumped his head lightly against the she's side as he walked past her as a sort of confirmation that he wasn't being particularly hostile.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Ash167 Queen of
Raccoons (#137584)

Savage
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 11:28:19
Palewind

She laughed a little in amusement.” Ah yes evaluating.” She said as she acknowledged him bumping her side. She made her way out of camp still laughing a little to herself. “Sorry Nettlesnap they might have all died of old age.” She stated as she reached the outside of camp. Of course she hadn’t actually tried to see if the beaver could actually be around here she just more so wanted to try to be funny just a little.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Lupa (#50745)


View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 11:28:48

Morningecho:

The scent of pine was a comfort to an unsettled mind, the crunch of the earth beneath her paws following like a familiar friend. Morningecho had a great appreciation for the comfort of silence in the forest, sometimes she couldn't help the unease she felt within camp. It was as if she was holding her breath, just waiting to see unfamiliar cats swarming the entrances, thirsty for control of the weakened territory. As the meowing voices of PineClan faded away behind as she slipped out the exit, enveloped by the shadows of the trees as instincts tugged at the feline, faraway scents of smaller, easier prey tempting her focus away from her mission.

Scenting the air, her head tilted back and eyes half closed, her unsteady heartbeat rediscovering a calmer rhythm as the different smells danced around her senses, the world unfurling to her like a flowering bud. Flicking her tail, Morningecho followed the scent of water, recognizing the path that would lead her toward the river, which further downstream would house a den of beavers. Naturally, the she-cat hadn't any intentions to die today, so she wouldn't be headed straight for the dam, but sometimes the creatures would venture onto land to find new materials for their nests. Licking her lips, Morningecho picked up a steady pace, her ears and eyes on constant surveillance, honing her strongest senses out to her surroundings. 

Not once did Morningecho ponder about the competition, nor about the other cats who yearned to partake in the challenge. She had a task, for one reason or another, and she wasn't out here for the twitch of the whisker amusement. No, her leader had asked for something, and she would provide it. 

No matter the risk.




Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

🎩Fancy fork
[Cutlery] 🍴 (#427147)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 11:37:11
Nettlesnap

He purred softly in response, flicking his tail against Palewind's face as he walked ahead, shushing her. 'quiet, you'll scare off the whole forest.' The tom meowed teasingly, keeping a steady pace. His paws scuffed over the leaf-littered floor, the bitter scent of pine needles reaching the roof of his mouth as he kept his jaw open slightly. He was looking for the scent of water, not stupid pine needles. Nettlesnap looked over his shoulder at the she-cat, stopping in his tracks. 'Do you.. happen to know where water is? Just a test.' He muttered the last part, refusing to admit that he had never actually learned the territory the clan lived in.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Ash167 Queen of
Raccoons (#137584)

Savage
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 11:41:09
Palewind

She stared at the Tom for a moment before thinking.” I’ve been too it a couple times. I don’t remember exactly where it is. Not helpful I know.” She stated as she felt her face go hot with embarrassment. She looked around a little to see if she could find any landmarks she remembered but nothing so far. She glanced at Nettlesnap nervously fear of embarrassing herself now somewhat crossing her mind. She began trotting in the direction she thought it was.” It may be just a guess but perhaps this way.” She stated as she caught the scent of pine needles and it began filling her nose.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

🎩Fancy fork
[Cutlery] 🍴 (#427147)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 11:56:47
Nettlesnap

The tom sighed wearily and quickened his pace, his paw pads already stung from the pine needles on the ground. His misery was lifted almost immediately though as he came to a sharp halt, feeling moisture on the roof of his mouth. water! That was easy enough. who needed patrols? Nettlesnap ran forward, kicking up leaves in Palewind's face before disappearing out of view a few tail lengths ahead of her.

The small cat slowed as he heard the welcome trickling of water nearby, brushing leaves past his face as he shook his way out of a particularly thorny bush. The painful hisses and barks of the beavers filled his ears, forcing him to recoil sharply. eugh, beavers. Nettlesnap whipped his head back to check if the she had followed, keeping himself hidden by the leaves.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Ash167 Queen of
Raccoons (#137584)

Savage
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 12:01:07
Palewind

She was rather surprised by the leaves being kicked into her face. She perked her ears curiously as she followed behind him hiding as he did.” Gross.” She said very quietly as she spat out a leaf that had somehow gotten into her mouth. She was curious now had Morningecho made her way here? Had she already found what she had been searching for? She pushed those thoughts aside as she began to try a focus herself onto her surroundings. Even if which she wasnt paying attention to if there were beavers around or not, there were still plenty of things out here that could give them away or even hurt them.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

🎩Fancy fork
[Cutlery] 🍴 (#427147)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 12:40:11
Nettlesnap

The tom's pupils dilated as he fixed his gaze on a beaver dangerously close to the bush, feeling his heart rate triple. These things were a lot bigger up close. He flattened himself to the grass till his chest fur was pressed against the floor, motioning for Palewind to do the same if she didn't want to be shredded into tiny pieces of fur by a beaver. how did Owlstar expect them to kill one of these things?



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Beautifulblo (#59951)

Divine
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 12:54:10
Rustbelly:

Rustbelly had spent the night sleeping outside the warriors den. It’s not that her nest wasn’t comfortable, she made sure to line her nest with down feathers. But the cozy space felt as if it was caging her in. The light snoring from the sleeping bodies would usually lull her to sleep but instead sounded as low thunder crashing into her eardrums. So she laid in the outskirts of the clearing, a little ways from the warriors' den. At least the stars kept her company.

She woke up at the sounds of paw steps padding through the camp. Lifting her head to see members clumping together around the fallen tree, her leader sitting steadily atop. Raising her body for a stretch, Rustbelly padded over sitting towards the back. She listened to Owlstars’ words. A competition? That seemed fun! Gorsepteal would have loved this! Immediately after the thought a pang of grief struck her. Handling the loss wasn’t easy by no means but maybe this competition could be a way to honor them? The she-cat had never caught a beaver, only witnessing them in passing through rivers but it was decided she would win at any cost.

Her ears swiveled listening in on the group of cats, tuning into the conversations she found interesting. Palewind and Nettlesnap were the first she surveyed. They seemed to be working together in this beaver hunt. She thought of joining them but the two seemed inexperienced, she was sure they were great warriors in their own right but it wasn’t what she needed at the moment. Grooming down her chest fur to seem inconspicuous of her snooping, she spied Morningecho conversing with Owlstar. She only heard the ending of that conversation, but her eyes stayed glued to the gray she-cat moving towards the camp exit while her leader retreated. Rustbelly didn’t know much of Morningecho, but from her sturdy build she seemed like a capable hunter. Also she seemed a bit older than the last two warriors, hopefully she had the experience to match.


Waiting for the molly to leave her line of sight, Rustbelly spared a glance around the camp. Making sure no one would notice her disappearance she took off, making sure to keep her steps light in her tailing. The black and brown cat pushed forward, slinking among the short grass and tall trees. She made sure to keep an even distance with Morningecho, using her nose to scent out the other while looking out for any tracks left behind. Usually Rustbelly would go to those already acquainted and form a small group to work with. But since the clan's new beginning she was left with practically no one from her old life. Most dead or having left. Moving through the forests’ underbrush she became careless, lost in her thoughts she didn’t notice the branch hidden in her path. One step and later a crunch echoed through the area. She stilled. Maybe Morningecho didn’t hear it? Hopefully the birds chirping and the sounds of rushing water would drown it out.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Ash167 Queen of
Raccoons (#137584)

Savage
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 13:27:44
Palewind

She did exactly as he had done and she stared intensely at the Tom waiting for his next move. She was surprised how big beavers can be and wondered how was she supposed to be able to do this? Let alone for those who wanted to take part in this competition alone. She worried a little about Morningecho. Sure she knew she could take care of herself but at the same time things like this always made her worry.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

🎩Fancy fork
[Cutlery] 🍴 (#427147)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 13:35:21
Nettlesnap

his whiskers twitched, noticing the subtle change in Palewind's demeanor but saying nothing. there was no time for this stuff. The small tom stepped back a little, disguising his uncertainty and pretending he knew what he was doing. Honestly, did Owlstar want them dead? A beaver could absolutely shred a cat if it wanted to. He lowered his ears, tensing visibly as a young beaver glanced in their direction, its beady black eyes glistening with intrigue.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Ash167 Queen of
Raccoons (#137584)

Savage
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 13:38:41
Palewind

She glanced at the Tom.” Is this a good idea?” She asked very quietly so the beaver wouldn’t hear. Could the clan take it on? Probably? Could they? Mmm maybe but she wasn’t sure if they should risk it. She knew doing this by herself definitely wasn’t a good idea but she wouldn’t back out if Nettlesnap really wanted to do this. Though she will never admit it she was a drive to prove herself especially to her senior warriors, and even if Nettlesnap wasn’t a senior warrior she didn’t want him thinking she was weak.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?







Memory Used: 646.89 KB - Queries: 0 - Query Time: 0.00000 - Total Time: 0.00429s