Posted by Warrior cats- Broken Pines

The best snek (#274274)


View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-28 14:13:42


Welcome to the Broken Pines! I was a little bored, so I whipped this up.

RULES:
-No arguing or fighting, hate the character not the other person.
-If there is an actual problem, please contact me or the mods.
-Mates and stuff are allowed, but you need to work it out with me if you want to have kits. Also, fade to black for 18+ stuff, or just avoid it entirely.
-If you are a kit, you can't go out of camp on your own, or go hunt prey, or fight a badger, or any of that. You are a child.
- FOUR SENTENCE MINIMUM PER REPLY
- Please don't write names with an apostrophe in between the prefix and suffix (like this: Fire'star)
-SEMI LIT
-You need to PM me your character sheet, plus a roleplay sample for ANY RANK.

Please Pm me if you have questions.

Territory/Climate:


Prey:


Ranks:


Plot:


Timeline:


OOC chat

[Please get your character sheet approved and posted before replying]

Character Sheets

View and Post Character Sheets



Hrt Icon 5 players like this post! Like?

Edited on 09/05/24 @ 20:25:41 by The best snek (#274274)

The best snek (#274274)


View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 17:40:40
Owlstar

He silently retreated into the hollow of his den, casting a quick glance around him before pulling out the first, and likely most valuable prize, from a cleft in the rock. Before the practice of greeting starclan for anything other than the nine lives given to a leader had been all but abandoned by Hawkstar, Owlstar had been able to visit the moonstone as an escort to the healer, returning from the trip with a small sliver of the pale white stone. It was surprising even to him that he had managed to hang on to the piece of rock for so long. It wouldn't be enough to contact starclan, but enough Pineclan cats had heard the nursery tales that it would certainly be a valuable prize, and one the would fight to win.

With the prize for the beaver hunt secured, Owlstar left his den, thinking back to his conversation with Mornignecho, noting with a mildly annoyed twitch of his tail that Morningecho hadn't been a fan of his earlier joke. Such a serious cat, although he supposed she had her reasons. He probably should've tried that one on Hemlockshade first. Crossing the clearing with quick strides, he made his way down to the river. It was far past time to check on his warriors. It was a dangerous hunt, meant as a challenge, but surely nothing had gone horribly wrong. Which one of them would catch the first prey, he wondered. He would've bet on Morningecho, but Palewind and Nettlesnap had left camp earlier... A sharp yowl from down by the river interrupted his thoughts, startling him from his thoughts. Had something gone wrong after all?

It was only a quick run to the riverbank, and Owlstar made it easily, stopping in his tracks just before exposing himself to the warriors. They seemed to be struggling, and banding together as a team. Not quite the competition he had envisioned, but hopefully this could help them get closer with their clanmates? The first cat to land the killing bite would be the one to win the prize, after all. Rustbelly's arrival and Nettlesnap's sharp response made his muzzle wrinkle with concern. An injury already. He wanted to step out, offer help, but he had promised not to. He needed to focus, make sure none of the other warriors were in any danger, and return to gathering up the prizes. Turning, he slipped away, back into the woods.

//You guys really posted a lot while I was gone lol



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Ivy (#291155)

Usual
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 17:42:24
Hemlockshade turns as Nettlesnap limps around. He surveys the other tom, noting that the injury doesn't seem life threatening. It did look like it would call for a trip to the healer though. With the beaver still capable of fighting, it's not like he could offer an assist just yet, making an arch around the large brown creature, drawing it in the opposite direction from his wounded clanmate,

Then Rustbelly leaps from the ferns in a whirl of teeth and claws, and he watches the display before she loses her grip. Okay, team effort time. Not his strong suite, but it seemed nobody had a particularly outstanding plan.

"I doubt there's any nearby traps." He remarks after Rustbelly speaks, not even attempting to be optimistic. "The reasonable thing is to attack it from the sides while somecat keeps the attention on them from the front. Should give up then."



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

🎩Fancy fork
[Cutlery] 🍴 (#427147)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 17:45:29
(indeed)

Nettlesnap

He rolled his eyes in response but spared an apologetic look to the other cat, his nerves still on end. He flexed his claws into the soil subtly and looked back at the thrashing beaver, his ears flattening as the attention of the older beavers was drawn. Oh starclan. 'Whatever plan you two are doing, can you hurry up? I'd rather have my legs intact then having them bitten off by a waffle rat.' The tom hissed urgently and motioned a paw towards Rustbelly, then the beaver's dam.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?


Edited on 30/01/24 @ 17:45:53 by Fancy fork [Cutlery] (#427147)

Ash167 Queen of
Raccoons (#137584)

Vicious
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 17:51:41
Palewind

The she cat nodded in response to both toms. "Well we now have the attention of another beaver." she stated the she cat stated as she hissed loudly at the younger beaver still doing her best to avoid its attempts at getting the cats away. She took her opportunity to move towards the front of the beaver as the older tom had stated before hand she scratched and clawed at the beavers face still trying to keep an eye on the other beaver that had been drawn towards them. She had taken notice of Nettlesteaps motion towards Rustbelly and the dam, she made sure she could move if the beaver or Rustbelly went that way.

(waffle rat i like that lol)



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

🎩Fancy fork
[Cutlery] 🍴 (#427147)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 18:16:18
(Waffle rats>>)

Nettlesnap

The tom huffed and reluctantly sprung back to fight, keeping pressure off of his bruised paw. The beaver had delivered a nasty bite and he could feel his veins pulsing with every move. Nettlesnap latched onto the leathery tail of the animal, clawing at the firm flesh. it felt like lizard skin. eugh. He barely had time to be disgusted before he was abruptly thrown off by the beaver, flying into the air with a startled yowl and tumbling into the trunk of a tree.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

The best snek (#274274)


View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 18:27:43
Owlstar

Shifting around the pine needles, Owlstar lept into the air, muscles rippling along his pelt as he hauled himself up into a small hollow, high up on a tall, thin pine. It had taken several hours of searching, but he had found something worthy of the second prize, for the spar that would take place the next day. A large, sharp fang, prized from the skull of some massive beast, a skull that was almost as big as Owlstar himself. Gripping it tightly in his jaws, he leapt down from the pine, careful not to hurt his pawpads when he landed on the forest floor. The scent of the border markers was already wearing away, but Owlstar could only stop and re-mark it for a moment, before heading swiftly back to camp. That should be all of the prizes taken care of, and if the beaver was caught, the preypile should be full enough for them to have a decent feast.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Ivy (#291155)

Usual
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 18:38:38
Hemlockshade lets out a particulary irritated hiss, tail lashing as the squabble draws the attention of additional beavers. Oh great, company.

He watches the questionable display before him, grunting something under his breath.

"If you want to help, stay out of the way." He calls to Nettlesnap. "Only thing you're doing is adding more injuries for the healer to deal with." He's quite proud of himself from not outright calling the other a mousebrain, but that's only because of the beaver.

He hops forward, aiming a precise blow at the left eye of the beaver. He knows his goal has been accomplished when the animal shrieks in pain, though it's not time to celebrate.

He brushes his tail against Palewind, letting her know he's there without taking her attention from the beaver. "Keep backing it up towards the trees and away from the other beavers." Then he moves away, letting her handle things. If they need to, he's fine with throwing the competition. It's never worth a life nor life altering injuries, though some may argue with that.

Keeping clear of that tail, Hemlockshade aims heavy blows on the beavers flank and sides, keeping an eye out.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Beautifulblo (#59951)

Divine
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 18:40:00
Rustbelly:

Her faced morphed into a grimace at Nettlesnaps' comments. The nerve of this guy. She nearly retorted but managed to keep her composure. This time...Right now was not the time for arguing. Especially not with Hemlockshades' negative response. She saw Palewind stand head to head with one beaver and manouvered her body around, prowling around the other looking for a weak spot. "No! My plan will work. Just going in attacking isn't doing much!". It stinged a bit that her clan members didn't have much hope in her but she'll prove them. "I'm here to win! I'm not giving up so easily!", she hissed out. Rustbelly avoided a swipe from the beaver and giving one of her own. She had to think quickly, there had to be something to help.

This dance was getting tiring. No critical moves were made and other were still getting injured. She looked up, scanning the trees, the sky, the forest. Something. Out a little ways in the distance stood a particular tall tree. For some reason it stood out to her. She remembered now, it was close to the gorge she found on her excursions into the territory. The black cat dived into the fray again, managing to get a scratch on her opponent but not without recieving a scratch of her own. "There should be a cliff nearby. We should be able to lure them away and hound them towards the cliff".



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Ash167 Queen of
Raccoons (#137584)

Vicious
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 18:45:10
Palewind

The she cat nodded as she felt Hemlockshade's tail against her side." Will do!" she stated as did as he said and began backing towards the trees and away the other beavers. She glanced at Nettlesnap for a moment making sure he was okay. She knew he wouldn't like what Hemlockshade said to him but it was necessary for him to stay safe since he was the most injured so far. She hissed at the beaver and continued to swat and scratch it so it would follow her while the others attacked it from the sides. She felt nervous now even more than before but it was too late to back out now. The she cat could feel the beavers hot breath on her for a moment before she jumped a few steps back to try and avoid any attacks from it. She glanced at Rustbelly now nodding to acknowledge what she had said but as the distance continued to close between her and the beaver she looked at the cats around her." Should I run that way?" she asked looking at her clan mates she wanted one of them to say yes or no since the beaver was focused on her at the moment.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?


Edited on 30/01/24 @ 18:46:12 by Ash167 Queen of Raccoons (#137584)

🎩Fancy fork
[Cutlery] 🍴 (#427147)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 18:51:17
Nettlesnap

he cringed in response to Hemlockshade, curling his lip back in a snarl as he hid his shame. 'I don't see you doing any better. and I found the beaver in the first place..' The tom hissed back, forcing himself to his paws. His limbs shook as he stumbled into a stand, just managing to get upright properly. Nettlesnap lowered his ears and watched the "plan" be carried out, his tail flicking with doubt. weren't they supposed to actually bring the carcass back to camp?



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?


Edited on 30/01/24 @ 18:52:17 by Fancy fork [Cutlery] (#427147)

Ivy (#291155)

Usual
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 19:03:49
Oh Starclan, did everyone here have moss for brains?

"Yes, let's lead it to the cliff. And risk our lives in the process." Hemlockshade said, voice dry. "For starters, that's assuming it comes that far. And second, what do you think happens when an animal, any animal is cornered? We're risking one of us falling as much as it does it."

Sure, they were probably tiring. But beavers were big, they'd be tired no matter what they did. Sure, there were many flaws within this plan, such as someone getting hurt. But it was one on the fly; those were never perfect. At the very least, the beaver is struggling, blood clouding it's vision and lunges getting significantly less aggresive.

His ears swivel back as he catches Nettlesnap's reply, only rolling his eyes. If the other wants to have that moment of glory, then sure. He wasn't going to remark that he had already known where the beavers den was. Let the kit have it, he had better things to deal with.

Hemlockshade waits until the beaver is turned away from him before he drops into a crouch. Perhaps an attempt of exposing the creatures throat would help? He wouldn't risk someone else getting hurt, so he leaps up and onto the beavers back, digging his needle sharp claws in; inwardly grossed out at the feeling of wet and bristled fur.

"Throat!" Is his single explanation - not a very good one, he'll admit - as he sinks his teeth into the fur where he assumes is the neck, hoping that the creature will rear up to try and buck him off.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Ash167 Queen of
Raccoons (#137584)

Vicious
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 19:10:59
Palewind

She stared up at Hemlockshade confused for a moment before understanding what he meant by throat. The she cat looked towards Rustbelly hoping she would understand and follow along as well. Her eyes moved towards Nettlesnap and the she cat felt a moment of worry for the tom before she turned her attention back to the beaver.' Nettlesnap let me know if the other beavers head this way." she stated still wanting him to be involved. The she cat knew they had created some distance between them and the beaver they were dealing with, but they could still make their way down here to help the other beaver. she waited for hopefully what would be the right moment of the beaver trying to throw Hemlockshade.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

🎩Fancy fork
[Cutlery] 🍴 (#427147)

Confused
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 19:20:53
Nettlesnap

He nodded wearily, licking the fur on his chest in a swift motion to disguise his embarrassment before fully focussing on the beavers nearby. The tom licked his maw every so often, the wretched metallic stench of blood clinging to the back of his throat like a stubborn morsel of food. Two beavers dropped the trees they dragged by the roots, hissing softly as their attention was forced to the commotion. 'They're heading. Now. Hurry-' The tom pressed urgently, his muscles tensing under bristly fur. The beavers were surprisingly fast. he'd expected the fat lumps to take much longer to get from one side of the lake to the other.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Beautifulblo (#59951)

Divine
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 19:26:16
For a moment. Just a moment. Rustbelly could envision her glory, the nasty beavers could be dead. Cats would be chanting her name. She'd win! Before the she-cat could answer Palewind, she watches Hemlockshade takes matters into his paws and throws caution to the wind. The tom digging into the beaver and doing his own attack. If there's one thing she knew for certain it was that she was slowly starting to dislike the cream tom. But she wouldn't deny him his bravery. "Oh for Starclan's sake", she muttered under her breath.

Eyes connecting with Palewind, she nodded reciveing Hemlockshades' message. "I'll lunge face the beaver. Hopefully it backs up. I'm trusting you to get the throat". Blood pumping, the rusty cat charges forward, claws scraping the ground. Letting out a thundering yowl in hopes of frightening the beaver, throwing in a few feint swipes. At first the beaver seemed only partly annoyed, but a a stray claw managed to scratch its nose, causing it to buck up.




Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?

Ash167 Queen of
Raccoons (#137584)

Vicious
View Forum Posts


Posted on
2024-01-30 19:40:00
Palewind

The she cat saw her opening and lunched herself for the beavers throat as it reared up. She was so filled with adrenaline she wasn’t even sure if what was happening was real anymore. She stared at Rustbelly who was near her towards the beavers face.” Hopefully this will be over soon.” She stated to the other she cat as she growled and hissed loudly.



Hrt Icon 0 players like this post! Like?







Memory Used: 646.93 KB - Queries: 0 - Query Time: 0.00000 - Total Time: 0.00502s